Lets understand what is AR and its history before we jump to its top 6 benefits in this article.
What is Augmented Reality?
Augmented reality is an interactive experience of a real-world environment where the objects that reside in the real world are enhanced by computer. In other words, designers enhance parts of the physical world with the help of computer. It has already become a billion-dollar market.
History of Augmented reality –
Augmented reality has science-fiction roots dating to 1901. However, Thomas Caudell described the term as a technology only in 1990 while designing to help Boeing workers visualize intricate aircraft systems.
Furthermore, in today’s time, technology of AR is transforming the way people play games on their mobile devices. Pokemon GO was a turning point that brought AR gaming into the mainstream, and there are some fantastic AR games for players to enjoy in 2020. These games combine other phone features and social opportunities in different ways for unmissable mobile gaming experiences.
Top 6 Benefits of Augmented Reality in Business–
- Retail Shopping – By incorporating augmented reality into retail, stores can allow their customers to visualize the product in 3d model. Such as clothing or furniture shops can make the product appears in the foreground from the device. So, we can say that store will travel to customer’s handset device.
- Healthcare – Augmented Reality also plays a bigger role in healthcare sector which includes both training and treatment.
- Military – In the military, the army uses Augment Reality enabled technology to understand a battlefield before putting lives at risk in the real world.
- Education – Augmented Reality will certainly have a major role in education. To help students understand the theory in a practical way in 3 dimensions.
- Auto repairs – Using AR technology through a mobile phone or tablet, mechanics can visualize the complex information about a spare part on their device. It allows the defective parts to be located quicker and repairs to be done before time.
- Enhanced Navigation – Many automobile companies are improving their vehicle’s navigation with AR technology. Big car makers such as BMW and Audi have merged Augment Reality on car dashboards to enhance the navigation experience. It enables the drivers to check details such as road name, society address and any other details.
To end with, I would say that technologies like Augmented Reality are going to rule the technology in coming years. It will depend upon us to make its positive or negative use.
Read about Virtual Reality here — https://innobizz.com/what-is-virtual-reality-and-top-5-players/