Virtual reality is another term after Metaverse which has become a topic of daily discussion.
What is Virtual Reality –
Virtual reality is like stepping into another world. This technology makes the use of high-level cutting-edge graphics, best-in-class hardware, and artistically coated experiences. It creates such a computer-simulated environment that the user becomes a participant of the environment.
How to access Virtual Reality –
We need to use VR headset to experience the Virtual Reality. VR allows us to immerse ourselves into video games as if we are one of its characters
Types of Virtual Reality –
- Non Immersive Virtual Reality- Non-immersive VR technology features a computer-generated virtual environment where the user simultaneously remains aware and controlled by their physical environment. Video games are a prime example of non-immersive VR.
- Semi Immersive Virtual Reality- This type of VR provides an experience partially based in a virtual environment. This type of VR makes sense for educational and training purposes with graphical computing and large projector systems, such as flight simulators for pilot trainees.
- Fully Immersive Virtual Reality- This type of VR generates the most realistic simulation experience. Car racing games are an example of immersive virtual reality that gives the user the sensation of speed and driving skills. Developed for gaming and other entertainment purposes, VR use in other sectors is increasing.
What are the usages of Virtual Reality?
The major use case for virtual reality is gaming. It has gone hand into hand for gaming lovers. They are not only linking it but living the virtual reality.
Other main applications of VR reality are mentioned below-
- Experiencing Metaverse
- Visiting real estate
- Guided Museum visits
- Military Training
Furthermore, VR is used in the automotive industry to experience the designs and feel. Even clothing companies have started using it to allow their consumers to virtually try the cloths.
Top 5 companies involved in Virtual Reality –
- Oculus – https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/?locale=en_GB
- Google – https://arvr.google.com/cardboard/
- HTC – https://www.htc.com/uk/virtual-reality/
- Microsoft Virtual Reality – https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/virtualreality
- Magicleap – https://www.magicleap.com/en-us/
Want to know more about Virtual Reality’s involvement in Metaverse?